Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Random Thoughts of a Tuesday Evening

I ate some chicken last week.  When I was done, naturally I threw the bones in the trash.  After a couple of days in this heat, well, let's just say the garbage men weren't pleased with me.  Ya think?



Speaking of heat, my plans for the weekend:  Clean out the refrigerator.  Sit inside.  With Sherlock.  That is all.



I bought some Greek Yogurt.  Other than being slightly thicker and twice as expensive, I don't see what all the fuss is about.  I'll just stick with plain.

I finally got some mulch on my poor flower beds.  I bought three bags and it wasn't quite enough.  I covered the whole bed, but it's pretty thin in spots.





As soon as I got home from the store, I found a sales flier from Lowe's with mulch on sale 4 bags for $10.  Sounds about like my luck.  Maybe I can find time to get up there before the sale goes off.

But look, I have a little bouquet.  


OK, it's mostly stuff I broke off accidentally, but it's still pretty.

If you ignore the mess on my counter, that is.

People at work keep asking me why I don't like a certain fellow who is crazy about me.  Everybody knows he's crazy about me, because he tells everyone every day how crazy he is about me.  People every day come up and say, "You know, he's crazy about you.  Why don't you like him?"  So the question is, what is the polite way to say because he's a pathetic loser?  

People who think animals are pure and selfless, and don't kill for fun, and that humans are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal, and the world would be one big lion and lamb utopia if it weren't for us humans weren't around messing everything up have never been around real animals. But that's a discussion that warrants a post of its own.

Just one more month until training camp begins. There are rumors around the plant that we may have to work on the Fourth. But, we get holiday pay, PLUS double time for actual hours worked, so I'm OK with that.

I guess that's it for this edition of Random Thoughts. I'll catch you next time.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I have a theory that "Greek yogurt" is nothing more than sour cream; it certainly has the exact same flavor and texture

What a brilliant marketing wink-wink joke on the rest of us :P