Saturday, March 31, 2012

First Quarter

 Today is March 31, which means one quarter of the year is gone.  I kinda figured I'd do this back when I was setting my goals for the year.  I kinda figured I'd do quarterly updates on how those goals were progressing.

Anyway, just in case you don't recall, my goals for the year were:

1.   Don't buy new yarn
2.  Try to find things to knit that will use up stash yarn
3.   Work on reducing my number of WIPs

So far, I've done well in meeting my goals.  I haven't bought any new yarn at all, but I haven't used up any stash yarn yet.  That's just because I haven't cast on anything new.  I've been working almost exclusively on WIPs-- and a group charity project that I'm not counting. 

When I posted my first WIP update back in January, I had 18.  The current number stands at 12. 

Anyway, here's a rundown of the WIPs I've finished this year. 


1. Charity scarf--


2. Bubble Wrap socks:


3. Hurricane Hat:


4. Sport Weight Socks:



5. Braided Cable Tam:


I had one more WIP-- the sock that Jesse got ahold of.  I ripped and rewound it, to be cast on again at a later date. 

So, there you have it.  In three months, I've managed to reduce my number of WIPs by 30%.  Of course, now that I'm getting to the larger --as in lace-- projects, it won't go so quickly any more. 

And it won't go at all if I don't get off of here and get back to knitting!

No comments: