Thursday, March 01, 2012

I'm Ready

All over Facebook and in the bloggosphere, I've been seeing people post about how much they're enjoying this warm winter.

I hate it.

Warm winters only mean one thing to me-- miserably hot days in the plant.  It has been that way all this week.  Bleh.... I want winter weather!  I'm ready for that mini ice age they keep saying is coming.  It's only March 1, and I'm already tired of being hot.  And we've got a long way to go before it cools off again.

Since tomorrow is supposed to bring more storms our way, I decided to go do my shopping today.  I tell ya one thing, next time I go out to work in the yard, I'll be ready!


I'm going to try to get out Saturday and finish getting the honeysuckle out of the plum trees.  I dare any of those vines to get past these babies. 


And I went ahead and got myself a little pruning saw.  I know you're not supposed to prune just yet, but I was afraid that if I waited until June, they wouldn't have any more. 


Now, the only thing I've got left to figure out is how to stay out of the poison ivy.  It's got to come out of the trees, but I sure don't want to go through another two weeks of itching. 

This morning while I was walking the dogs, the bottom of my right foot felt suspiciously wet.  When I got back into the house, I checked and sure enough, the bottom of my rubber boot was cracked.  So, the next place I headed was to the shoe department, to try to find some new ones. 

Wal-Mart apparently thinks everyone in town wears a size 6.  While I was there, though I scored big time with these: 


on clearance for $5.  I though I'd grabbed a medium, but when I got home, I discovered that I'd gotten a small instead.  I can get them on my feet, but they're a little snug.  I'm thinking they may loosen up with wear.

No, I never did find rubber boots in my size.  I wanted to order these, but there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of money for a pair of boots.  Maybe Saturday, I'll run into Greenwood and see if I can find some there. 

But, hey, I've had the old pair for probably 15 years.  I definitely got my money's worth out of them.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Rubber boots with a hole are pretty miserable, but your new boots look very comfy.

Becky G said...

Thanks, I love new houseshoes when they're still all squishy and fuzzy. It's been too warm to wear them, but I'll have them for next year, though.