Friday, March 09, 2012

Bad Accident

Bad accident at work.

Bad, bad, bad...

Bad enough that they called an ambulance out there. 

They'd shut down my line, and sent me over to tubing to help out there.  I was working away, when I heard a panic stricken voice page the shift supervisor.  Then an even more panic stricken voice paged the safety guy.  

I'm not exactly sure what happened or how it happened.  All I know for sure is that one of my co-workers got hung up in a machine somehow.  It's a machine that bends steel panels.  Somebody told me that the steel grabbed his leg and jerked him into the machine.  Someone else said his whole body was crushed. 

I haven't heard anything else about it. 

Sad part about it, it was the guy's first week back after having had surgery.  And this happens.  I only hope he's OK.

See, that's a problem where I work.  We complain and complain about safety hazards, but nobody listens. 

Until somebody gets hurt.

Then they hoot and holler and screech and scream and ask why nobody reported it. 

We did.  Why didn't you listen? 

No comments: