Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yay!

No doggie do in the floor when I got home this evening.  Jesse must be feeling better.   That's about the only good thing that happened today.


Well, I went in to get my prescription for my Nasacort and they told me it was going to be $102.  I asked for the generic, and they said that was the generic.  I think I'll just do without.  People want to blame "greedy" pharmaceutical companies for the reason drugs cost so much, but really, they only make about 2% profit.  Most of the costs go to a) research, and b) beggars, illegals, and other bums and mooches who just don't want to pay for their medicine.  Somebody's got to pay for it, and that somebody is you and me.

So I left the medicine there and just came on home. 

I watched this show on CBS.com called Undercover Boss.  I've only seen one episode, though this is the second season.  It was pretty good.  I wish one of our bosses-- and I mean the way high ups-- would go undercover at our plant.  Boy, would it be an eye opener for them.  There is so much wrong at that place, I don't even know where to begin. 

A couple of years ago, they sent an engineer out from Dallas to fix things.  He told me that things were going to start being done right.  I said, "Forgive my skepticism, but I've been hearing that for 15 years and nothing has changed."  He stayed for about a year (flying back and forth from Dallas), and came back about six months later.  By that time, everything was right back to the way it was when he got there. 

Part of the problem is, when they send bad parts to the assembly lines, we're not allowed to reject them.  They claim that they don't want to waste all that copper, so we just have to make them work.  All that does is remove accountability from the component areas.  When they know they don't have to do things right, then they do just enough to get by.  If they know they're short on parts, they don't re-order them.  So we have to do it.  If a part gets smashed or dented in a machine, they just toss it in the bin and send it on to the line with the rest of the parts.  So we have to go order a replacement. 

Howard is going to get all in a tizzy because someone pulls his gloves off 30 seconds before the lunch buzzer goes off, but we waste way more time wrestling with bad parts. 

And I won't even get into the harassment, favoritism, and the selective enforcement of the rules. 

Not tonight, at least.

No comments: