Friday, January 27, 2012

Long Week

This has been the longest week!  I think it's the first time I've actually worked a full 40 hour week since October.  I'm just not used to it.  I keep hoping to get some overtime, soon.  They say by the end of next month, we'll be working 6 days a week.  I hate the hours, but I sure could use the money.

I've still got a few weekends left.  I'd better enjoy them while I can.

Jake


Remember when I told you about my cousin's dogs a couple of weeks ago?  Well, today the guy that owns the house on the other side was in his yard and Sadie and Zoe went after him.  He scared them off with a shotgun, and by the time James got over there, Ronnie was still shaking like a leaf.

James told me later that the little old lady on the other side of him was in her yard one day.  When Sadie and Zoe saw her, they went crazy, barking and snarling and jumping at the fence.  Mrs. Woods started freaking out, shrieking and crying and stuff.  If they'd gotten out, they would have eaten her up with her acting like that.  If they'd bitten her, her son wouldn't have just fired a warning shot.

Sadie

Even me, when I come outside of my house, they still come after me.  It takes a minute, and they eventually calm down, but for that minute, they truly look scary, what with their teeth all out and everything.  They look for all the world that they are going to attack me.   

That was always my worry.  If they did bite somebody, they'd probably end up being destroyed because they've shown a history of aggressive behavior, and Mike and Dennise would be fined or worse.

They're not really bad dogs.  I think they're insecure.  They're in a new place, surrounded by strange people and strange dogs.  They've always been inside dogs, now they're kept in a pen in the back yard.  The pen is too small for one dog of that size, much less two.  They're used to having walls around them.  Now everything is wide open. I think they must constantly feel like they're having to look over their shoulders, so to speak.  It's made them aggressive.  Kind of an "I'm going to get you before you get me" thing.

I don't know what's going to happen in all of this.  I did tell Dennise that I would start walking them when I walk mine and Jake in the evenings.  Maybe that'll help. 

I don't know, but it sure won't hurt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Jake's been digging. :-)

At least he'll look at the camera now.

Becky G said...

He was playing with a stick. Still ick. Jake has never been camera shy. It's Jesse who won't look at the camera. I can get a good picture if I use my phone, but not if I get the camera. As soon as I pick it up, he runs and hides.