Monday, January 02, 2012

First FO of 2012

Well, if you could call it that. It's a blankie square, and part of a group project.  I don't have to do the whole blankie by myself!


It's the One Row Scarf pattern, just done really, really, ---really short.

And now what you've all been waiting for-- my WIP list.  This was quite a chore, just getting them photographed.  I was going to find links to all the patterns, but I'm pooped out.  I'll work on it and have them for the next update. 

1.  Charity scarf--simple garter stitch in Bernat Boa. For a cancer center.


2.  Bubble Wrap sock:  The yarn is Knit Picks Imagination in Pixie Dust, which I believe has been discontinued. 


3.  Conwy sock:  From the book Knitting On The Road.  I think it's by Nancy Bush.  I'll check on that and update later.



4.  Traveling Roses Scarf:  in Knit Picks Aloft in Blush


5.  Arwen Scarf:  Designed by my friend Tabitha.  This is the one the cat gakked up a hairball on.  It got put aside after that.  Good thing I'm using superwash yarn.


6.  Hurricane Hat:  I actually just started this one, so I almost didn't count it.  But it is a WIP after all. 


7.  Sport Weight Sock:  No pattern, just basic sock construction. 


8.  Garter Rib Scarf:  This one has been my traveling project.  I don't do a lot of traveling, which is why it is still not finished.  But I'm ready to get it done now. 


9.  The 2010 Anniversary Mystery Shawl.  Which I still haven't finished. 


10.  Followed closely by the 2011 Anniversary Mystery Shawl.  I detect a pattern here...


11.  A Sock:  What you don't see here is that Jesse got ahold of the yarn cake and it is now a tangled mess.  At this point, it's probably going to be easier to just rip and start over. 


12.  Fruit Of The Vine scarf:  I think the yarn is Knitpicks Gloss Lace, but I'm not really sure.


13.  Orkney Pi Shawl:  In Knitpicks Shimmer in Spice


14.  Another Charity Scarf:  This is yarn Kristen sent to me, but I don't remember what it's called.  I'll go find the labels and include it in the next update.


15.  Braided Cable Tam:  I've kitchenered the seam, and just need to pick up 70 stitches around the bottom and do the brim. 


These next three are really more ongoing projects, so they don't really count as WIPs, but I'm showing you them anyway.

16.  Leper bandage: 


17 & 18.  The two sock yarn blankies. 


So, there you have it.  It's a frightening number of WIPs, isn't it?  I'm definitely going to work on reducing them to a reasonable number, though I'll never be a monogamous knitter. 

But we can do better than this.

No comments: