Saturday, November 19, 2011

This Is My Life

I love sausage biscuits.  I often buy a box so that I can have sausage biscuits for breakfast.  Here lately, though, what with the freezer full of snake food, I didn't have room for even a small box of sausage biscuits.

I was driving into town to get milk, when suddenly it occurred to me.  And when it occurred to me, I got so excited I shouted it aloud,

"I can buy sausage biscuits!"



Boy, it doesn't take much to get me excited, I tell ya.  I'm just glad I was alone at the time...

Yesterday, they gave us another of those 20 lb turkeys at work.  I wish they'd give us a smaller one.  That's a lot of bird to eat up.  I've still got meat vacuum sealed in my freezer from last year's turkey, and that's after I took some out to put into the gumbo the other night.  The good news is, this year, I actually have a place to put it!


That little freezer is turning out to be one of the best investments I've made.

I have to go in to work Monday, but then we have the rest of next week off.  Nobody is going to Texas this year, so I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me eat up this thing.  James said that they want to have gumbo for Thanksgiving this year.  I'm going to cook the turkey anyway, and just probably take a little plate of meat over.  I'm also going to do my sweet potatoes, and strawberry jello salad.  I don't know how well they'll go with gumbo, but at least I'll have my leftovers. 

My goal for the time I have off is to get this house back into shape.  I've still got to find places for all the stuff I dragged out of the utility room to put my freezer in, but more than that, I think I want to work on my bedroom and bathroom.  I've always made it a priority to keep the more public areas of the house clean--just in case I have company over.  Which, despite what certain people might say, does happen occasionally.  But in the process, my bedroom tends to get neglected.  It's the last one to get cleaned.  It's the place where everything gets stored, and I've made no attempt whatsoever to decorate it.

This week, I want to concentrate on getting it cleaned up, and cleaned out.  Maybe if I make it a restful place, I can actually get some rest when I'm in there.

Oh, and I've noticed that belted tunic style sweaters are making a comeback.  That's one style I actually like, so I'm going to go clothes shopping, too. 

I'll let you know how that turns out.

My final goal for the week:  clean out snake tanks, before the Animal Cops show up at my door. 

No comments: