Friday, November 25, 2011

My BIrthday Present

From Beverly and James.  LSU lounge pants!


And look, they  have little sparklies around the logo:



Yeah, yeah, my birthday was two weeks ago, but they got here just in time.  And they went right well with my Honey Badger shirt.


I wore this delightful little ensemble to watch LSU put the whoopin on Arkansas 41-17. I'm glad of that.  I mean, I'm glad the game wasn't another come from behind field goal with 2 seconds left on the clock, like both the Cowboys and the Longhorns did yesterday.  I don't know if my blood pressure could have taken another close game like that. 

And the Honey Badger took what he wanted, forcing and recovering a fumble, and returning a punt 92 yards for a touchdown.  With this win, LSU finished the season 12-0, and one of only two in the top ten to remain undefeated, the other being the University of Houston.
 
Now, everybody is saying that it will be LSU vs. Alabama in the National Championship game, but I'm not so sure.  If it went strictly by the computer score, maybe.  But there is a human vote in it also, and other conferences are already squawking about the SEC having won the last 5--yes 5, count'em 5-- National Championships in a row.  I don't think that human element is gonna suffer two SEC teams in the game.  That would guarantee six in a row.  I just don't see that happening, but then, stranger things have happened. 

Of course, LSU does have to win one more game than Alabama does, because they'll be playing Georgia next week in the SEC Championship.  That ought to count for something. 

Speaking of, Texas and Texas A&M squared off yesterday evening for what is the last game of a long standing rivalry.   A&M is moving to the SEC next year.  Hmmm, given the way LSU handled them in the Cotton Bowl, they might just be wishing they'd stayed in the Big 12. 

In other news, I got the Christmas tree out.  This is as far as I've gotten, but it is at least out of the closet. 


Now, I need to pull everything out of the gift drawer and decide who to give what, and do I need to buy anything else.  Oh, and decorate the tree, too. 

No comments: