Monday, November 28, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

The plan was to get up and go to Batesville and shop.  But when I saw the weather, I wimped out.  Yes, it was cold and drizzly all day.  The high was 40', but with the rain and the wind, the chill factor never got out of the 30s.  I decided that was just too darn cold to get out and about.  I kept checking, but I never saw any snow.  That doesn't mean it wasn't.  It just means I didn't see any. 

On the other hand, I am in the season of perpetual summer, so I had to turn the heat down to 60' and eat some ice cream to get myself cooled off enough to enjoy a mug of hot chocolate.  That being said, I probably could have gone shopping if I'd really wanted to, but I just couldn't get myself moving.

So, what did I do? 

I put out a few more Christmas decorations, knit, and watched Christmas shows via Netflix streaming.

I'd finished the tree yesterday, and fully intended to post a photo of it, but I just never got around to it.  So, here you go.


I haven't put the skirt down yet, and I don't know if I'm going to.  Last year, the cat decided she needed to use my tree skirt as a litterpan, so naturally, I'm a little dubious. 

And finally, to kick of the Christmas Music Monday season, one of my all time favorite Christmas songs ever:

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

The tree is lovely and I love Christmas music.

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou.