Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Today starts Thanksgiving week, and I thought it would be nice to share some things I am thankful for.  This post, however, will take a slightly different twist.


To the young man who sat in front of me in church this morning.  You need to give thanks that I am not your mother, because if I were, I'd have been tearing up your butt by now.  Here's why:


*Sit UP
*Sit STILL
*Stand up during the congregational hymns (or did you not notice that EVERYONE but you was standing up?)
*Stop digging in your nose
*Cut your fingernails
*Go home and wash that nasty, greasy hair of yours



Now, some of you may think I'm being a bit harsh, but this kid appeared to be about 14 years old.  Definitely old enough to know better. 

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I know the feeling. I wanted to "get" this young man, and I would have too, but I would have had to reach around his grandmother who was not paying any attention to poorly mannered grandson.

Becky G said...

Same here. This kid was sitting beside someone I'm assuming to be his grandmother, and she made no attempt to correct his ill behavior. When she saw him picking his nose, she briefly shook her head at him. He ignored her and kept on doing it.