Saturday, June 05, 2010

Random Thoughts

An interesting thing happened in church a couple of weeks ago. I'd meant to blog about it then, but just never got around to it. So you get to read it now. Our pastor was out on vacation, and we had a guest preacher. Towards the end of the service, he said he was going to do a survey, and asked everyone in the congregation to stand.   Then he said, "I'm going to ask you two questions, and if you know the answer, remain standing.  John 3:16--probably the most well known verse in the Bible--For God so loved the world...The question is, who said it and who did he say it to?  If you know the answer, remain standing."

All over the sanctuary, people began sitting down.  I'd expected about half of the people there to sit, but when they all got settled, only two people were still standing.  Me and the youth pastor.  I couldn't believe it.  I figured surely more people than that knew the answer.  The lady who sits beside me said, "I don't know who he said it to."

The correct answer is found in John 3:1.



The second blankie is coming along.


A week later, I've got two full rows done, and have started the third.



I think I'm going to call this one the Family Blankie, since I'm probably going to give it to my sister.  When it gets done.  Whenever that is.


I finally got around to darning my Falling In Love socks. 



Pretty good job, for my first darning attempt.  Normally, I wouldn't bother, but these socks are special.  They are my Marion Barber socks.  I wanted to keep them around just a bit longer.  BTW, Marion Barber tweeted that he had his wisdom teeth out yesterday.  Oh, I feel for him.  He said he has some good pain killers, though.  They sent him to outer space, or so he said.

I also need to fix these Varanasi socks.  They've got a thin spot in the heel, and I'm  going to duplicate stitch over it.  I just haven't gotten around to it.


That's a light bulb inside the sock, because I don't have a darning egg.  Yet.  I need to place an order with Knit Picks.  I need some more Options cables, and I want some darning wires.  What I don't need is more yarn, but the new Felici colors are sooo tempting.

You know that TV show Bones?  I didn't really discover the show until it was in season 3.  I tried to watch a few episodes, but just couldn't get into it.  Then I discovered that Netflix has it streaming in their Watch Instantly feature.  I thought that if I went back to season 1 and got to know the characters and watch them develop, I might like it better.  So I started with season 1, episode 1.  By the end of that hour, I was completely and totally hooked.  Now, I'm halfway through season 4, and drumming my fingers for them to get season 5 up. 

One last thing before I go.  You have GOT to see this video. 

No comments: