Thursday, May 27, 2010

A New Project

I've started new project.  What is it? Here's a hint:


Need another?



Figured it out yet? OK, final hint:



Yep, I've started another blankie with the leftover bits of yarn from the first one.  I'm thinking this one will be for my sister and her family.  I'm going to make it slightly bigger than mine--14 squares wide to my 12.  And since she's not as picky as I am, I will make duplicate squares.  I'll also use solids, and a variety of fibers.  See the middle square in the top row of the above photo?  It's a cotton blend.  I think it'll work nicely in her blankie.

I had hoped to get it finished in time to give it to her for Christmas.  But thinking about it, that may be a bit too ambitious.  Well, we'll see how it goes.  If I don't get it done by December, there's always next year!

No comments: