Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bits and Pieces

It was HOT today.

How hot was it?  Well, I was waiting for the temperature to cool off enough to take Rylea for a walk, and by 7:00 PM it was still 95' out.  Needless to say, the dog didn't get walked. 

The heat doesn't seem to bother the tomatoes, though.



Or the blueberries.


This is not my garden, by the way. After working, and sweating, for 10 hours a day, the last thing I want to do is work in the yard. J planted this one.


This is, however, my bloodred morph corn snake Scarlett:


She will be 5 years old this August.  Can you believe it?  I was looking back through old blog posts trying to find a baby photo to compare with this one, and I got caught up in all those old posts from when she was regurgitating all her meals.  She couldn't keep anything down and I was considering euthanizing her.  Finally, I got some good advice from Kathy Love, and she pulled through.  I'm so glad I hung in there with her, because she has grown into a real beauty. 

The other day at work, one of my coworkers asked if these are my real eyes.  After staring at him blankly for a moment, I asked, "Why?  Do you think I have fake eyes?"

Where is the eye rolling icon? 

No comments: