Friday, June 18, 2010

Repairs

I finally got around to fixing my Varanasi sock last night.  I just duplicate stitched over the thin spot.


Not a bad bit of repair, if I do say so myself.  But, when I got ready to wear them to work this morning, I noticed that the other sock had a thin spot, too.    I decided I'd better fix it, too, before I wore the socks again. 


That one was just a bit more tricky, but it looks OK.  Most importantly, I'll get a few more wears out of this pair of socks.  I was a bit disappointed that these wore out so quickly.  This was Lorna's Laces.  It's supposed to be one of the higher quality sock yarns.  I would have thought it would have lasted longer.

Look at what I bought at Wal-mart:


They're cat toys.   I thought Squeaky might like to play with them.  Squeaky thought differently. 


"You went to that great big store, and all I got were a couple of wads of paper.  I'm not talking to you anymore."

No comments: