Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Sketch! A Real Sketch!

I actually did a quick sketch today on my lunch break at work. My techniques are a little rusty, but I think it turned out ok. For a quickie...

Gotta go hit the shower and work on my shodan essay. Sensei wasn't at class tonight because his oldest step son graduated from the GED program. James and I led the class in an open workout. They showed up, and when the realized sensei wasn't going to be there, they left. It ended up being me, James, Josh, and Josh Williams. We went through kata, and that's about it. I did my kata several times. James' mother showed up about 7:30 and made him leave since Sensei wasn't there. He won't be there Tuesday night either.

What was really bad was when I did my kata facing the back of the dojo instead of the front...I messed up on wansu, chinto, and kusanku. I did seisan fine, and made it through niahanchi, sanchin, and seiunchin, but it felt wierd going in the opposite direction.

I did something new yesterday when I took my walk. See, I walk down this dirt road between some cotton fields for about a mile, then turn around and walk back to the house. It's about a quarter mile from my house to the dirt road, making approximately a 2 1/2 mile walk. Well, at the point where I turn around, I stopped and did all my kata back to back before walking back. It was really nice because it's like being out in the middle of nowhere. I messed up most of my upper kata then, too. I get so used to doing them in a certain way, in a certain place that when the scenery is different, I forget what I'm supposed to be doing. So it is good that I'm trying to do them in different locations.

Oh! Before I forget...good news. Cody got accepted into the art program at school. The schools here don't offer regular art classes. The kids have to try out for the art program. I knew he would make it. He's quite the talented little artist.

No comments: