Sunday, May 07, 2006

New DAUB Sketch


I finally got around to doing another DAUB sketch. Of a bottle this time. It isn't quite symmetrical, but pretty good for a freehand sketch. It wasn't hard, and didn't take but a minute or two, so why am I so unmotivated to do these drawings? Could it be that the book is just uninspiring?

Scarlett managed to keep her meal down, though she did something strange. It looked like she was trying to regurge a couple of times Saturday afternoon. Nothing came out, though, not even liquid. I asked on the cornsnake board about this, but no one has answered yet. But she still managed to keep her meal down. This is cause for hope, but she is not out of the woods yet. She still has to be able to eat whole mice and keep them down before I relax. She'll be on liquid meals for the rest of this month, at least. This will give her time to build her strength back up. And I'll gradually increase the amount of food I give her by something like 1/2 CC every other feeding until I get up to 4 or 5 CCs. Maybe. I'm still playing this by ear.

Sensei finally called Mr Worbington to get our black belt test set up. He should have done that months ago. Anyway, Mr. W. nixed the idea of doing it at that seminar (thank you!). There is another lady who is ready to test for her nidan, and they want to do her test the same time as ours. She won't test anywhere but Greenville. Sensei is still requesting June 3. Hopefully, I'll know something soon.

No comments: