Monday, May 08, 2006

Feeding Scarlett, Round 2

Scarlett got her second liquid feeding this evening. When I tried to get her to open her mouth, she pooped on my leg. Though it may sound gross, it is a good sign that she's still got some spunk in her. I gave her a smidge more, about 1.5 CC this time. It's a good thing, too because some of it spilled out of her mouth. Not that much though. We'll get this thing figured out eventually.

On the other hand, my cheap $20 amel hatchling moved up to fuzzies this evening.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Come on, Scarlett!

Since she seems to be tolerating the liquid feedings (fingers crossed!), how long could she thrive on liquid feedings? I'm assuming that at some point she would have to go back to solid food, but my snake knowledge is nil, so I may be talking out my ass.

I'd love to meet your snakies someday - maybe when I come down to visit my parents in Jackson.

Becky G said...

Well, she could stay on them for the rest of her life if necessary, but for her to really thrive, I need to get her back on mice.

You're welcome to visit my snakes anytime. If you come on a Tuesday or Thursday, you could come to karate class with me. I know I've been fussing a lot lately, but the actual classes aren't that bad. It's just the business aspect of running a school that sensei is most lacking in. Once I get my black belt, I hope to ease my way in to taking over a bit more of that end of things.