Monday, February 20, 2006

Missed the Worst

of the ice storm. It didn't get nearly as bad as they had predicted. However, it was bad enough that the schools closed for the day. Work didn't close, though, even though about half of the employees didn't show. Most of the roads were pretty clear, but the bridges had ice on them. There were lots of wrecks on the bridges. Fortunately, the power never went out, and I didn't lose my water. I was hoping to get some good pictures, but since I didn't, I'll leave you with this link to some I took 7 years ago:

Ice Storm 1998

Speaking of crazy, the daffodils think it's spring, and my Christmas cactus has finally decided it's Christmas. The crazy thing is BLOOMING!

I'm going to go take a hot bath, now, before the Olympics come on.

Oh, before I forget...my weight was down to 130 this AM. Yippee! I'm at the high end of my target range, which is 125-130.

No comments: