Tuesday, February 07, 2006

An Apple A Day



keeps the doctor away, or so they say, but I don't believe it.

I forgot to post my weight yesterday--134 on my home scale. It reads about 6 pounds lighter than the scale at work, so I'm going to go by that one from now on.

Today marks my 11 years at my current job. It was only supposed to be a temporary job to build up my savings, but it didn't work out that way.

Yesterday we were watching Dr Phil, and the show was on bridezillas. I said something about them needing to lighten up, those little imperfections are what makes a wedding...fun! Cody replied, "Weddings aren't supposed to be fun! Well, I guess the groom has fun. He gets to kiss the bride."

The reptile board told ME that I shouldn't be talking politics on the board. Typical Europeans--all honorary moonbats. You can only speak if you agree with them. I think I'm about done with that board. I've left it before, but keep going back because they are the only ones with an active kingsnake forum. I don't think I'll go back this time, though. Even the snake talk is rude, insulting, immature and inflamatory.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I could have lived with fewer imperfections at my wedding - but I'm pretty sure I wasn't a bridezilla either. I do think it's a little unfair to have set the wedding standard so high, and then call the poor bride names when she goes ape trying to do all the things she "should" do. I avoided going nuts by largely skipping things I "should" have done - no band or DJ, no dancing, bridesmaids each chose their own dress, I simply provided guidelines so they'd look like some sort of set.

Mostly I could have done without my MOH spraining both wrists twenty minutes before the ceremony. Or the priest doing his sermon on the wrong bit of scripture (I did not choose "wives be subject to your husbands"!) Or one of the bridesmaids reading one of the screeds about marriage being a patriachal trap the night before and going a little nutter on the subject - it didn't blend well with the mistake in the sermon.

Becky G said...

These brides set their own standards. One of the brides said she had dreamed of her wedding day since she was a little girl and had every detail set in her mind. Yes, it can be a bit frustrating when things don't go perfectly, but that is no excuse for the horrible way these women were treating people.