Monday, February 13, 2006

I Taught Her Seisan Kata




Nina Evans Dies at 41

Grenada dentist and community volunteer Dr. Nina Evans died Sunday.

An autopsy has been ordered, according to Grenada County Coroner Richard Crenshaw, who said Evans was 41 years old.

Jan Carter, Grenada Exchange Club member, says Evans had served as president of the Exchange Club and she and her husband Kenny Mitchell were the first husband and wife to serve as president.

"She was big on crime prevention and child abuse prevention," Carter said. "Nina was a good person and she loved to hunt."

National Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements, which were incomplete at press time.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Becky. You and your dojo and Nina's family are in my prayers.

My apologies for not responding sooner. My internet link is down about 90% of the time right now, so I'm mostly restricted to just getting my mandatory posts to DI out.

Becky G said...

Thank you Cindy. It was such a shock, because she had no apparent health problems.

It's ok about the internet. My electricity is doing wierd things. The electrician said one of my outlets is losing it's ground and therefore breaking the circuit, causing everything to flicker and sometimes drop. The only thing to do is start replacing outlets until it stops.