Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Another No Sketch Day

There's been so much going on lately I haven't been into sketching. My electricity still isn't fixed, though I'm beginning to think it has something to do with my heater. It has been unseasonably warm these last couple of days, and my power hasn't gone out nearly as much. It stayed on all evening yesterday, but this morning when the heater was running, it flickered ominously and went out some. This afternoon, it hasn't even flickered, but then it is 65 degrees and the heater isn't running at all. Friday when it was so cold, the power would hardly stay on at all. JB came over and found a very loose connection and tightened it up. Maybe that will finally fix it. I don't know. We'll just have to see.

Karate last night was a little wierd. James had just found out about Nina's death that day, and sensei didn't know until James told him. He just kept saying things like, "hmmm", "whew" and "well". James was very upset over it. All he said was, "Now I don't have a dentist," but there was a world of hurt expressed in those few words. Her funeral will be Friday, but I doubt I will be able to go. Sensei is sending flowers on behalf of the dojo.

Monday night I got a call that my brother in law, who lives in Alaska, was lost in a blizzard. I found out yesterday that he'd been found, but I didn't know his condition, or even if he was still alive. Today I learned that he'd managed to turn around and go back to the village he'd been working in. He was able to build a fire and had some MREs to eat. The next morning-- yesterday--, he managed to drive back down to where the snowplows were clearing the roads, and followed the plows back to Fairbanks. So he is ok, just very tired. That was a worrisome couple of days to add on to everything else that's been happening.

Now for some better news, I got home and Slider was out and about in his tank. I was able to get a better picture of him, and here it is.

No comments: