Sunday, December 17, 2023

USPS

Our wonderful United States Postal Service has struck again.  The mail ran late yesterday, and even though I'd checked it twice already, apparently they delivered after I'd assumed I hadn't gotten anything and stopped checking.  

Well, the gift my sister had ordered was supposed to have been delivered yesterday, so when I took the trash out this morning, on a whim I looked in my box again...and found a torn up envelope with no card inside. 


It was from my cousin Judy, and I'm debating in whether I should even tell her or not.  I mean, it wasn't her fault the USPS tore up the envelope and the card fell out, but I would have loved to see it.  She always sends the ones with family photos on them, and I enjoy those.  

There was also a card from my Australian pen pal, which was wet. Well, damp, and it's dried out right nicely.  You can see it there on the far right.  


Speaking of cards, my friend Peggy said she still hasn't gotten hers and I mailed it Thankgiving weekend.  Now, to be completely honest, it's possible I may not have gotten her one put into the mail.  Even though I was trying so hard not to overlook anyone, I did send out 48 cards this year.  It's entirely possible that I skipped her.  No matter.  I have her replacement card already addressed and ready to mail in the morning.  

The plan is to go up to Batesville -- because I didn't go Saturday -- just to see if they have anything different in their Walmart, and maybe go by Lowe's as well.  I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping, but want to pick up some more stocking stuffers for the kids.  And candy, of course. 

In knitting news, I finished the hat I was working on yesterday. 


Instead of casting on another one, I dug out this old scarf that I've been working on for ages. 


I thought if I could get it finished by Christmas, I could give it to Brennan.  Not holding my breath on that one, though.  We'll see...

On the other hand, we're expecting a cold front that will drop the temps into the upper 20s by Tuesday morning.  I'll be so nice being able to stay home in front of the fire, knitting and watching Christmas movies instead of having to go to work in that cold.  I might get a lot done, if I can stay off the electronics, that is. 

And finally, the advent figure for today is a shepherd. 


...the shepherds said to one another, "Let us go now to Bethlehem and see this thing that has taken place which the Lord has made known to us."  Luke 2:15

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

It looks like my card hasn't made it's way to you, yet.

The USPS has been kinda frustrating lately.