Thursday, December 14, 2023

I'm Free!!

I'm free!  I'm free!  

Well, until January 2, that is.  And naturally, my last day at work was not without its drama.  And the way said drama occurred is as follows. 

There I was at work, just a working away, when I got an order that had one of the adapter tubes cut wrong.  I know that they were cut wrong because the part didn't fit into the brazing jig.  I confirmed that the part was wrong by running a print, digging out the ol' tape measure, and measuring said part. 

Sure enough, it was nearly 1/4" too long.  I put the incorrect parts into a box and carried them to Supervisor and Group Leader Control Freak.  I told them the parts were wrong, showed them the print, they re-measured the part...blah, blah, blah.  But, instead of just putting in a re-work order, GLCF told me to go ask Parts Stager if she had any extras of that particular part laying around anywhere. 

Now, I knew she wouldn't have any, because we don't keep bins of parts around any more.  I wish we did.  It would make our lives as brazers so much easier.  But nevertheless, I had to do what GLCF told me to.  

I walked over to Parts Stager and said, "Now, don't get mad at me, but GLCF told me to come ask..."  And I was right.  She said the same thing I had thought, that we don't keep parts.  I mean, maybe she'd have one or two, but I needed 72 of them.  So, I went back to GLCF and said, "She doesn't have any.  I'm going to need these re-cut."  

And did GLCF re-cut my parts?  Ha ha...no.  She sent me back to Parts Stager telling me to have her pull some of the parts off a different order.  Alas, we didn't have any open orders needing that particular part, and even if we had, we'd still need to cut some to replace those.  Parts Stager sent me back to GLCF....and on and on it went.  

It took some doing, but I finally convinced GLCF I really did need the parts for the order I was working on, and about five minutes later, one of the machine operators brought me the parts I needed.  At this point, I went and told Parts Stager that we spent longer arguing with GLCF than it took to actually make the parts.  It was also at this point that I began thinking, "I'm so glad this is my last day of work for the year!"  

And yes, I'm off for the rest of the year!  What, you may ask, do I plan on doing with my time off?  Well, I've got hats to knit, 


movies to watch, books to read...and I may even go somewhere.  I don't know where yet, but it will involve leaving the house. 

I know, try to contain your horror.  

In the meantime, I'm at the point in this nativity poster that I'm having to rearrange just a bit to make all of the figures fit.  I did this every time, despite trying to be so careful to put them exactly where the photos shows.  Honestly, I think they had slightly smaller figures.  Be that as it may, today's figure is the shepherd boy. 



and the scripture is:  and the glory of the of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  Luke 2:9


>

That's all I have for today.  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get something to eat, then I'm going to go to bed and sleep as late as I want to tomorrow.  
Then I'll go to Walmart where my good humor will likely be lost.  

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Enjoy your time off! It is well-deserved!