Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Short Post

This is probably going to be a bit short, because I haven't gotten much sleep these last two nights, and frankly, all I want to do is sit and stare at the wall.  Sunday night I stayed up to watch the Cowboys game -- and by "staying up" I mean I laid in bed with my eyes closed listening to the game on my Kindle.  But I was awake the whole time.  

I don't know what the deal was with me last night.  I'd gone to bed kind of early, but kept waking up every 90 minutes or so.  The upside to that is I was able to mostly finish my Christmas shopping during one of those times I was awake.  I got my older brother's family's gifts --well, I added them to my shopping cart, but didn't actually place the order until after work today.   I may pick up a few more things for Cody and Brennan, but for the most part, I'm done.  

Speaking of work, it was interesting to say the least.  Group Leader Shark is on vacation for the rest of the year -- which is basically this week.  Yesterday before we left, she walked around telling us all Merry Christmas, and cautioned us not to let Backup Group Leader Control Freak see us...and I'm going to stop right here and exercise my 5th Amendment right to not incriminate myself.  

Turns out it was all for naught, because Backup Group Leader Control Freak wasn't there today either.  We basically didn't have a Group Leader, but we've all been out there so long that we know our jobs, and the department ran smoothly and without a hitch.  Except that two of the machine operators over in tubing are out with COVID, so they had to scramble a bit to get enough work out for us.  But we got there in the end.  

Apropos of nothing, here is the Christmas tree they put up by the employee entrance. 


Before I go lay down, here is today's advent figure, the sheep. 


 The scripture is:  keeping watch over their flocks by night.  Luke 2:8

Sharp eyed viewers may notice there's something just a little off about that sheep, and you would be right.  Fact is, the original sheep that came with the set was lost years ago.  I looked in every place I could think of where I might have put it, and practically tore up the house we lived in at the time looking, and looked again when we moved twice since then, but the sheep was never found.  

I still have the -- probably futile -- hope that it might turn up some day, but until that happens, I had to make do.   Thanks to modern technology, I was able to scan the photo of the completed poster from the front of the booklet, and print out a replacement sheep.  It's a little small, but that was as big as I could enlarge it without it becoming too pixelated to be usable.  

It's the thought that counts, right?  


There was something else I was going to tell you before I go, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is right now.  Knowing me, I'll remember as soon as I hit Publish on this post. 

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Insomnia sucks. :-(.

Becky G said...

Yes, it does.