Monday, December 18, 2023

Didn't Do Anything

I'd said I was going to get up and go to Batesville today, but it turns out that didn't happen.  And the reason it didn't happen is as follows.

Sometime yesterday, I must have either eaten something that didn't agree with me, or I picked up some sort of little stomach bug.  It hit right about the time I went to bed, and I kept having to make mad dashes to the bathroom all night long.  Not to be too graphic...let me just say if I'd had a colonoscopy scheduled for today, I'd have been prepped for it. 

It was after 3:00 AM that things settled down enough I could grab a couple hours of sleep, but even after I got up for the day, I felt weak and shaky.  I'm sure it was dehydration, so I drank two of my Lee Tartt cups


full of water before I even made myself a cup of coffee.  I ate a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and soon started feeling a bit better.  Oh, I'm OK now, but still, I decided I'd just hang out at home and give myself a minute to recover from whatever it was, so I spent the day knitting and watching Christmas shows with the cat. 



 The one shown in the photo is the Holiday Wars finale.  I really enjoy those baking competitions, even more so than the cooking shows like Chopped and Beat Bobby Flay and stuff.  I guess because I've always loved to bake.  I'm not so keen on the decorating part, but I think it looks so good when it's done right.  

So, I guess all I really have to talk about today is the advent calendar.  The next figure added to the poster is the camel. 


...Wise men from the East came to Jerusalem asking, "Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews?"  Matthew 2:1-2


And finally, it's supposed to get down into the upper 20s to low 30s tonight, and has already dropped down into the 40s, so I'm going to go start me a little fire in the grate.

Laters, and stay warm, my friends. 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly. I like the photo of kitty sitting next to you and keeping you company.