Saturday, December 23, 2023

Happy Christmas Adam!

We got some much needed rain today.  In fact, it rained most of the day, which made for a great day of Christmas show watching.  I watched Veggie Tales The Toy That Saved Christmas, and The Star Of Christmas.  Then I watched Adventures In Odyssey Electric Christmas.  Yes, they're cartoons.  Yes, I still watch them. 

After that, I watched a little known film called Seasons Of The Heart -- the one put out by Feature Films For Families, not the TV movie with Carol Burnett.  It's not available anywhere any more, unless you find it on Ebay or a used book seller.  Or you could subscribe to Feature Films For Families online and stream it.  If you have kids, or are just fed up with the garbage Hollywood puts out these days, that might be an option, because they put out some really good movies back in the day.  But anyway...

Back when it first came out, the church library got the movie, and I checked it out so many times, one day I told the librarian, "I might as well just buy this because I keep checking it out so much!"  And that's exactly what I did.  

Anyway, it's a story about Jed and Martha Richards, who moved to Oregon Territory back in the 1800s.  Along the way their two little daughters caught cholera and died.  Then one day, the local circuit riding preacher brought them an orphaned boy and asked them if they could take him in.  They did, but Martha just couldn't warm up to him.  Then something happened....

That's all I'm going to tell you.  Other than there are a few copies on Ebay...I just checked. 

I took a quick break from movie watching to bake up the gumdrop cookies that I'd said I wasn't going to make, but knew I would in the end. 


Then I watched the old classic A Christmas Carol, the one with Alistair Sim. 


After which I got the sausage balls mixed rolled up, all ready to be baked tomorrow.   


Now for a bit of good news.  I finally heard from Cody.  They're coming up here in the morning and are going to spend the night.  Then they'll go up to Memphis and spend Christmas Day with Brennan's family.  It's going to be a whirlwind trip, because they both have to go back to work Tuesday.  Once I get this published, I'm going to mix up the snickerdoodle dough, and let them make those tomorrow when they get here.  I'm also going to make a cream cheese ball, and Cody has requested the cream cheese pie I make.  I have everything but the crust, so I'm just going to put the filling in a bowl and serve it as a custard.  

I also bought gingerbread house kits for them to do if they have time.  They may want to take those home and do them at their leisure.  We'll just have to see how the day goes.  

We are about to get finished with our Nativity poster, and the third Wise Man is the figure I added today. 


Then opening their treasure chests, thy offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.  Matthew 2:11


Now, I have to get off of here and get busy.  

Laters.

No comments: