Saturday, January 07, 2023

Still Knitting

Yes, I am still knitting.  

I'd kind of slacked of there for a bit, because I'd gotten so caught up with the games on my Kindle.  I'm hoping to spend more time with my crafty things since I deleted so many games -- and won't just take up that slack by scrolling Facebook more. 

I need me a new TV series to binge, since I'm all caught up on my Chicago shows, and let me tell you, this one episode per week is for the birds!  I mean, how did we do this back in the day?  I guess we did it because we had no choice.  And if you missed an episode, you'd better hope you caught it during summer re-runs.  

But I digress...

Back to what I was saying, I need a new show to binge, so I put out a call on FB for suggestions.  I had a couple of friends make some, but most of the shows they mentioned, I either already watch, tried to watch and couldn't get into them, or they're hosted on a service I don't have.  Of course, they were pretty limited in what they were able to suggest because I asked for something not loaded down with obscenities and wokeness.  That pretty much eliminates ...well, just about everything they put out these days. 

I decided to go back and finish watching North Woods Law.  I used to watch it all the time, but stopped because I didn't want to ...um...catch up and have to wait for one episode per week.  So, I watched a few episodes of that, then I tried to watch that new show --I think it's on CBS -- called Fire Country.  It's about prisoners in California who go out to fight the wildfires, but so far, I'm not too impressed.  It' just lacks something.  I'm not sure what, but Chicago Fire has it.  So did Emergency, back in the 70s.  I've only watched two episodes, so I'm going to give it a few more before I write it off.   

The last thing I watched before switching to football was the first three episodes of Andor.  It looks like it's going to be pretty good.  Oh, but just in case you're wondering, don't even bother with the series Willow.  I'd been so looking forward to it, because I'd loved the movie -- that came out before Disney went so woke.  Anyway, the series is awful.  I couldn't even finish the first episode.  

Naturally, while I was doing all that TV watching, I got a bit of knitting done.  I've joined the final ball of yarn to this scarf, and it should be completed soon. 

I'm really liking how this is knitting up, and this yarn is so soft!  It's Knit Picks Brava, just in case you're wondering.  In fact, I like it so much, I might just keep it for myself.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go knit some more while watching this ball game. 

Laters...

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

The scarf is pretty! I've used Brava and it is a nice-feeling yarn.

I've been watching Futurama on Hulu. When I want something a touch more cerebral I'm watching Fr. Brown mysteries on Britbox. I've caught the first few issues of Dr. Blake Mysteries.

I've also been watching Crossing Jordan on the Roku app. I didn't watch it when it first came out. For the most part I'm enjoying it. There's an English actor on there who I love his eccentricities.

Otherwise I usually have Youtube on, for Furby. I thought I needed to get back into reading because I'm running out of things to watch.

Oh! I'm right at the end of The Big Bang series. I'm watching it through a website online, for free.