Thursday, January 12, 2023

Random Thoughts Of A Thursday Evening

1.  If I ever get to the point where I’m able to retire. I’m going to spend the entire first month sleeping. Just sleeping…

What you’ve just read is the first thought that went through my head when that alarm went off at 2:45 this morning.  Then I got to work and told my coworker, and she said when her alarm went off, she said, "Nope.  Can't do it" and came in at 6:00.

2.  We've had some weather today, but the severe stuff passed to the South and East of where I am.  Still, the wind was kicking out there.  My other coworker told me she'd gone out to sit in her car over lunch break, and she thought someone was trying to prank her by pushing on her car, but it was just the wind. 

3.  That same wind knocked down a pretty good sized branch.  I mean, it was already out of the tree, but up on top of my shed.  This wind blew it to where I could grab hold of it with my dirt rake and yank it on down.  I got my mini chain saw out and made a pretty good little pile of firewood out of it. 

4.  Speaking of firewood, I need to get some more, as I'm almost out.  I don't want to deal with the guy I bought from last year, for multiple reasons, the main one being I don't want to have to stand there arguing with him about cutting a hole in my fence every time he brings me a delivery of wood. 

5.  I was pleasantly surprised when I got my electric bill this month.  I was almost afraid to open it, but girded my loins and did anyway.  Yes, it was high, because of running my heater, but not quite as high as I expected.  So, that's a good thing.

6.  I think I need to take some communication classes. Or maybe I should point out when I'm ridiculing a coworker, since apparently my mocking is a bit too subtle.

7.  Back before Christmas, I noticed this new sign on the floor at work. 


My first thought was, "Wow!  That's some bright paint!  It almost looks like a light."  I passed my hand over it to see if said hand cast a shadow, but it didn't. I even looked up to the ceiling to see if there was a light, but I didn't see one.  Impressed, I went on about my business wondering where in the world they found paint so bright and shiny it looks like a light.  

Then today, I found it.  Do you see it?  Up there over the door?  Yep, it's the light...

I can't even blame sleep deprivation for that one. 

8.  My second trip through that weight loss program starts Feb 6.  

9.  We have a three day weekend this weekend.  I hope to get some knitting done, but I need to pull out a different project.  I'm getting a bit bored with the scarf and need a bit of variety.  I've got some socks around here I need to work on.  

Or maybe I'll knit another hat.  Or two.  

Whatever.  I'll let you know. 

No comments: