Monday, January 23, 2023

Same Song, 28th Verse

 I knew I'd pay for it today, and I am, but I stayed up late and watched that ball game.  Then when it was over, I stayed up even later griping of social media about that ball game, because, yes, the Cowboys lost.

I'm getting mighty tired of saying, "Maybe next year."  

Oh, there's plenty of blame to go around, but let me play devil's advocate for a moment.  I don't think Kellen Moore should bear the brunt of it.  Yeah, it's funny how last week he was a play-calling genius and now he's an unimaginative idiot.  

But really, how imaginative can you be when you know you can't trust your quarterback and your place kicker has the yips?  So, you build your entire game plan around Tony Pollard....aaaaand he goes down in the first half with a broken leg.  There isn't that much left to the imagination after that.

And while it's true Micah Parsons is a beast, 

he can't carry the team all by himself.  They have got to find some consistency on offense, or next year will be the same old same old.  

I guess I'll root for Joe Burrow to win it all this year.  He is who we'd hoped Dak would be. 

In other news, I need a nap.  

In other other news, I finally found out what Cody and Brennan's colors are going to be -- sage green, yellow, and charcoal.  The bridesmaid's dresses will be green, so I asked Brennan if she'd be OK with me wearing a yellow or charcoal dress, and she said yes.  And she said any style that I'm comfortable with is fine with her.  So, I guess I need to go dress shopping.  Maybe if we have this Saturday off, I'll go up to Tanger Outlets in Hernando and see what I can find.  

I also mentioned that I needed to make a hotel reservation, and Cody said Brennan's mom was talking about reserving a block of rooms at the same hotel.  I told him to let me know as soon as possible, but he is a man after all.  He'll probably tell me five minutes before I leave the house. 

And finally, guess what I finally got around to doing?  Yep, I took a walk down my road after work. I have no idea how far I went because, like a dummy, I left my phone at home on the table.  It wasn't but a couple hundred yards.  I don't want to overdo before I get my heart checked out. 

When I was 20, I would have just gone for it.  Now that I'm 58...yeah. I've also got to figure out how to get more vegetables into my diet.  It's not that I dislike them, it's just that when I get home from a 10 hour shift, it's so much easier to toss some frozen chicken nuggets into the air fryer.  I'm thinking about investing in something like a Magic Bullet and making my own smoothies. I have a regular blender but it leaves too many chunks for a proper smoothie.  

I'm open to suggestions, if you have any.  I mean for smoothie makers, that is.  

No comments: