Thursday, January 26, 2023

Dang It!

Dang it!  I knew there was something I was forgetting to discuss with the doctor yesterday!  And I remembered what it was in the middle of the night, when I was in the throes of it...insomnia. 

Sigh, maybe I'll remember next time. 

The thing about it is, it's not so much that I can't sleep.  It's that my work schedule demands that I sleep during hours other than the ones my body wants to.  My body doesn't want to sleep from 6:30 to 2:30.  It wants to sleep from 10:30 to 6:30.  When I'm off for a few days, say over Christmas break, I sleep just fine.  Mostly.  I mean I do have the occasional sleepless night, but I'm pretty sure every body does.  But I sleep much better because I'm able to sleep when my body wants to.  

Speaking of the doctor, they got back with me about my lab results shortly after I posted yesterday, and yes, my cholesterol is very high.  He prescribed Crestor, and we'll re-check in three months. 

They also said my A1C was like 5.1, but I wonder if that's because it's just after Christmas.  When you eat pretty much nothing but sugar for a month, yes, your levels are going to be higher.  

One of my liver enzymes was a bit on the high side as well, but apparently not high enough for him to be overly concerned with it.  I don't know why it would be high, but it's something we can keep an eye on.  

Since I had to run in after work and pick up my prescription, I went ahead and did my weekly shopping. I really didn't need much this week, so I splurged on some frozen fruit to make smoothies with.  I'd made a smoothie with my salad greens and carrots yesterday, but it wasn't very smooth.  Clearly, I need to practice more.  Still, it tasted good, and was healthy.  

Plus, I hit three miles on my pedometer today, so yay for me!

Finally, here's a photo of my with some of my crazy coworkers. 

The guy taking the pictures took about six, but didn't manage to get a single one where everyone was a) still, b) smiling, and c) looking at the camera.  Alas, I couldn't both take the photo and be in it, so it is what it is.

And that's all that it is. 

No comments: