Friday, January 06, 2023

It's Over


The first week back at work is finally over!  And boy am I tired.  I'll eventually get used to being perpetually exhausted and sleep deprived again, but for right now, I feel like I've been rode hard and put up wet.  

Or run over by a truck, whatever.   Seems the older I get, the longer it takes to get adjusted to the busy season, and the long, long hours that accompany it.  All I know is it's a whole lot harder than it was 25 years ago.   

It won't get any better, either.  Just before the end of shift, Supervisor came around and asked if I could start coming in at 4:00 Monday morning until further notice.  Ugh...but those paychecks will be nice. 

This won't be a very long post, but I did want to show you what I picked up in the clearance aisle this afternoon -- these cute little cookie and cupcake decorating kits.  


What I'm wondering, though, is where were these before Christmas?  These would have been so much fun to make, but I didn't see anything like them.  It's entirely possible that I overlooked them, but that doesn't seem likely back when I was looking for stuff to decorate cookies with.  I'm going to put them back for next year.  

Oh, and those gingerbread house kits like the one I made were marked down to $1 each.  I started to pick up three of them and put them back for next year, too, but I didn't.  I figured the gingerbread would be stale by then.  On the other hand, I don't really recommend eating them anyway, so I guess it wouldn't really matter.  I mean, I started eating the one I made this year, and it doesn't really taste very good, besides being dry as all get out.  I've thought about dunking the pieces in hot tea, but haven't tried that yet.  Maybe if they still have some next week, I'll get them.  

By the way, I tore my gingerbread house down and put the pieces into a ziploc bag, just to get the thing off my cabinet.  At this point, I'm thinking most of it will end up getting tossed.  

On a completely unrelated note, I put my name on the waiting list for that weight loss program.  Maybe if I keep doing it over an over, it will eventually become a habit. 

I also found this stuff, and again, where was it before Christmas?  

It's got mini marshmallows, and candy cane shaped sprinkles.  It's even got a cute little mug of hot chocolate on the lid.  I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to!  This was the only jar of it I found, but would have bought more if they'd had them.  The only other thing I got on clearance was another bow that looks just like the one I got last week, so I won't take another photo.  

Speaking of photos, have you ever wondered what happens to all the humidity when it turns cold again?  This morning, I found out. 

But first, the before photo.  I took this one a few days ago.  

This is inside my carport, and no, it was not raining.  I think part of the reason it does this, especially in winter, is because the concrete gets cold, then when the weather warms up and the dewpoint rises, it causes the concrete to sweat.  I'm sure a regular meteorologist would be able to explain it better than I ever could, but that's basically it. 

So where did all that humidity go?  As we say in Texas, Raht cheer.  


It was so weird to see all the fog clustered around the lights like that, crawling and squirming, and moving like a living thing, I had to stop on the way in and take a picture.

That's about all I have for you today.  I've been working on some deep, thoughtful, and insightful posts for you, mentally composing them while at work doing my no-brainer job.  The downside is by the time I get home, I'm just too tired to type them out.  

One of these days, I'll get my act together. 

Today is not that day. 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

The hot cocoa topper stuff looks fun!

The other day I was outside and it looked hazy from all the moisture in the air. Not usual for my area this time of year.

I hear you on the perpetually exhausted pigeon feeling.