Monday, January 30, 2023

A Load Off

Whelp, it's going to be the Eagles and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl this year.  For what it's worth, I didn't watch the 4th quarter of the Bengals/Chiefs game.  I lay in bed with my eyes closed and listened to it.  I sat up just long enough to see the Chiefs kick the game winning field goal, then turned the TV off and went to sleep.  For a moment, at least.  

The cat was having one of her bad nights and yowled all night long.  It was cold and rainy, so I didn't even try to let her out, because I knew she wouldn't go.  That meant I had to listen to her.  Yowling.  All night long. 

It made for a long day at work.

After which, I came home and canceled my colonoscopy, which took a huge load off of my mind. I messaged Cody and let him know, and asked him if he could get his PTO canceled.  He said he'd probably keep the day anyway.  He and Brennan need to do a cake tasting, so he's thinking they could try to schedule that for that day.  I think I might keep my day off as well, and maybe go dress shopping.  

In knitting news, while I was watching all that football yesterday, I re-cast on the hat with the correct number of stitches this time.  


And I'm still loving the way it's knitting up.  I'm definitely going to be making more out of this yarn.  

In work news, they've installed these sanitizer dispensers in the stalls in the bathroom. 


The rumor is, they're going to stop putting the tissue seat covers in the bathrooms, 

and we'll have to sanitize the toilet seats with whatever they put into that dispenser.  I don't know if that's true or not, but if so, I don't really blame them.  People waste those seat covers like they're a dime a dozen.  They'll get an inch thick stack of covers, then use one.  They'll hang the rest over the stall partition, where they stay until they fall onto the floor and get thrown away.  

The only question is, if they do that -- get rid of the seat covers -- how will we dry our hands when they don't fill up the paper towel dispensers?  I guess we'll use our shirt tails. 

And finally, if they want us to toss our old work gloves, they need to stop being so stingy with the new one. 


I guess that's about it for today.   I'm tired, and I still need to practice my piano.  

Goodbye for now. 

No comments: