Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Monday's Ugly Sister

The joke going around is that Tuesday is just Monday's ugly sister, and boy did it feel that way today. Having to get up at 2:45 again after sleeping until nearly 4:30 for three days....

I'll tell you one thing, though, I did not watch the ball game last night, for one very practical reason --  being, it was a night game, and when one gets up ridiculously early one must also go to bed ridiculously early.  I set my DVR to record it, fully expecting the Cowboys to lose and I wouldn't even watch it.   

One and done seems to be their modus operandi here lately.  

Along about 11:00 PM, I woke up to answer Nature's call.  "That ball game ought to be over by now.  Let me just check the score really quickly."   I grabbed my phone and opened my trusty ESPN app and much to my surprise, not only did Dallas win, they absolutely thrashed the Bucs.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Now everyone is saying we owe Dak Prescott an apology after the way he played last night, but they're wrong.  Dak's biggest problem has always been his inconsistency, and until he proves that he can be consistent, I don't owe him anything. 

Look at it this way, every time Peyton Manning stepped onto the field, we knew we were getting Peyton Manning.  Every time Tom Brady steps onto the field, we know we're getting Tom Brady.  Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow...We always knew what we were getting. 

When Dak Prescott steps onto the field, we don't know if we're getting Super Bowl Contender Dak or Train Wreck Dak.  He might play lights out one week, then the next, he'll play like he's never seen a football before in his life.  

Until he gets that straightened out, I'm not apologizing for anything. 

Oh, and it looks like Maybe Maher is back, too...

Heh, maybe they should make him kick extra points from 60 yards out. 


In knitting news, one of my readers clued me in to a ministry that makes up Christmas ditty bags for sailors on civilian vessels.  Since they're non-combat, I can use any fiber I want.  They do ask that we use their patterns, because they're specifically designed for the sailors' safety, but I've looked at them, and they are very similar to the beanies I already have knit up.  The only difference is the length of the brim.  I might just send them along, with a note that says any hats not suitable can be donated to a local homeless shelter.  

They they also have slipper and cowl patterns, and even a pattern to sew up the ditty bags they put the gifts into!  That's cool!  It looks like I'll have plenty to keep me busy for a while and use up some of my stash as well. 

And finally, word is we have six confirmed cases of COVID out at the plant, including one from the tubing department who has it for the second time.    I hope they don't make us start wearing masks again, but if they do, Beardy McBeardface is ready and waiting!




1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

I don't follow football at all, so I cannot comment on that bit.

The ministry you linked to looks like a good charity for you. :-)

I'm sorry to hear about the creeping crud making its way around your work.