Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Upset

 I'm a bit upset right now.  I'm not exactly sure who to be upset at, but I'm a bit upset.  

See, the cat door I'd ordered was supposed to be here today at the latest, and it hasn't arrived.  I went to Amazon and checked the status and it said it was being held for pickup.  What?  

They said UPS had attempted to deliver it on June 11, and was unable to do so, so they were holding it for me to come pick up.  I'm totally not buying that.  UPS delivers to my house all the time. I live in a small town.  When I see my UPS driver out and about, he greets me by my house number, so don't tell me they couldn't deliver it.  Not only that, they delivered another package just a few moments ago, and that with the road all torn up for construction. 

Maybe I'm just being stubborn about this, but I am not going to go pick that package up.  If I'd wanted to pick something up, I'd have just bought it at the store in the first place.  I've already contacted the seller, left them a bad review on Amazon, and they said when the package comes back, they'll issue a refund.  

But now, I'm left without a cat door.  At this point, I don't even know if I'm going to order one from somewhere else or just leave the cat on whatever side of the door she's on.  I'm going to see if I can find something to make her a shelter of sorts, in case she gets caught out in bad weather.  

In a bit better news, I have all the Billy and Blaze books, but most of them are in paperback.  I'm slowly going to replace them with hardback copies.  Last week, I ordered one, only they sent a paperback instead-- which I already have.  I hit the "Return" button, and gave the reason why I wanted to send the book back.  The seller promptly issued a refund, but said I didn't have to return the book!  Now I have two copies.  

I also have two copies of Blaze And Thunderbolt, but that was my own fault.  I forgot I already had one, and bought another.  Eh...it happens sometimes. 

In knitting news, I finally finished that hat I'd been working on.  It was supposed to look like this:'


but really, I like it better inside out.


Alls it is is alternating sections of stockinette and seed stitch, but I like the way the decreases turned out, having done them in purl stitch all the way around.  No matter, I carefully hid the ends, so that it can be reversed, if that's the way the recipient wants to wear it.  

I'm going to have to find a charity to donate them to pretty soon, as my gift drawer is getting pretty full again. 

I'm open to suggestions. 











No comments: