Friday, June 04, 2021

Figures

 After another somewhat sleepless night of listening to the cat yowling, I got up way too early, and began to get ready for work.  I went out to my car this morning to put my water jug and the bills I'd need to pay today into it.  As I came back into the house to get my coffee and lunch, the door handle broke completely off in my hand. 

Figures...

After a minor meltdown during which I was questioning the point of my existence, I went on to work, thinking I'd deal with it later.  As the day went on, things didn't seem so much of a crisis, but at 4:30 this morning, it just wasn't what I needed in my life right now. 

When I got home, I looked at it more closely and yes, it was bolted on.  It can be replaced.  In the meantime, I've set this....whatever this thing is


so that the door doesn't close completely, making it much easier to navigate.  If you would be so kind as to ignore the spider webs...thank you very much. 

Well, I hate to say it, but I don't think things are going to work out with this cat.  I simply can not deal with the non-stop yowling.  From the minute I get home from work in the afternoon until the minute I leave for work the next morning, she's constantly yowling.  My nerves are shot.  I haven't slept in weeks -- except for the trip I took to Texas, that is.  I shut her in Cody's bedroom at night, but she's so loud she keeps me awake even through two closed doors.  I don't know what to do, but I'm going to have to do something. I think for now, she's going to have to be a strictly outdoor cat...even though she will sit right outside the door....yowling until I open the door.  But she won't come in.  If she does, she starts yowling again right away.  

I just don't know what to do...  






No comments: