Thursday, June 17, 2021

Tuckered

 I'm what you call tuckered.  

That is not an uncommon feeling in my life, but alas, it means you don't get a very long blog post today.  I wasn't going to post at all, but then I remembered...

It's my anniversary!

What anniversary?  Why my piano anniversary of course!  


That's right.  Two years ago today, I started my adventures in playing the piano.  Well, playing-ish.  I'd briefly thought about trying to get up a little concert for you, but it just isn't going to happen.  I've been threatening for a while now to live stream a practice, but I can't quite step that far out of my comfort zone.  

And that would be wayyyy out of my comfort zone.  I have a hard enough time recording myself without even showing my face or hearing my voice.  I don't think there would be any way I could live stream...you know...me.  So, there we are.  

Speaking of recording, I'd actually recorded you a little Christmas concert last December.  I don't remember if I've ever told you that.  I'd recorded, I think it was three songs, but when I went to upload them and actually watched them, I decided they wouldn't work at all.  See, I'd put my camera actually on the end of my keyboard, and every time I hit a note, the whole thing would jiggle.  I was afraid that some of you might get seasick.

I'd intended to re-record them, but things got busy and I never got around to it.  

You know how I've been whinging about not being able to have a live, in person teacher due to my work hours?  Guess what I found?  No, not a live, in person teacher.  But I did find this guy:

Let's Play Piano Methods

I'd found playlists where they just play the songs from the books I'm using.  Those would be the Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course, for those of you with memories like mine.  They're helpful, but this man actually gives a little lesson with each song.  He tells you what all the symbols mean, and how to count rests, and everything you need to know to play each song.  Plus, he's got a very dry, droll sense of humor.  I think he's hilarious. 

Anyway, I went all the way back to the beginning, as in level 1, lesson 1, and started over.  The first few lessons should go pretty quickly, though, because I already know how to play those songs, and it shouldn't take me too long to get back to where I was.  And maybe he can help understand things I never could grasp.  Best part is, he has a play with me section in each video, and he plays really slowly.  That ought to help with my propensity to rush through each peace.  I'm excited about that.  

Heck, I might just end up being a pianist yet.  











No comments: