Sunday, June 20, 2021

I Guess I'm Done

I guess I'm done with my garden for this year.  I might get another couple of Lantanas.  I might not.  I don't know.  I got these two on Friday, 


and that makes six in my little front bed. 

There is room to put one more in either end, but I don't know if I'm going to or not.  I might, if I can find a variety I don't already have.  I've just about cleaned out Walmart's selection, so I'd have to go up to Lowe's to find something different. Or I might find something different to bookend the Lantanas.  We'll just have to see.

Since I replanted my marigolds -- which are doing much better by the way-- I needed something to put into that big, empty spot in my front bed.  While browsing the garden center, I found these two large yellow zinnias.

I looked all over the tag and couldn't find anywhere that said which variety they are, so that's anybody's guess.  They might be Magellan, but I think those have a double blooms.  These don't, so I don't really know what they are.    

I probably should have taken a photo of the whole garden, so you could get a better perspective on how big they are, but you're going to have to wait a bit on that.  Oh, and by the way, next year, I must remember to plant the red and the yellow moss rose separately. 

If I'd paid better attention, I might have noticed they were different species, and put the larger ones in the back.  Oh, well.  It's too late to move them now.  OK, it's really not, but I don't want to put more stress on them than necessary.  I'll just leave them where they are. 



In Piano Talk, when we went to Texas for my mother's memorial, the boys borrowed my cousin Judy's keyboard so they could practice their song for the service.  She had a really nice sustain pedal with hers.  Much better than the crappy plastic one which came with my keyboard. 


She has the same keyboard I do, so when I saw it, I said, "I gotta get me one of these!"  It took me nearly a month, but I finally got one.  It arrived Friday.  


I plugged it in and tried it out, and it is so much nicer than what I had before.  It feels more like a real piano pedal, and doesn't slide all over the floor like the plastic one did.  It'll make piano playing so much better!  And yeah, I'm still trying to pry myself out of my comfort zone and live stream a practice session.  But, as Sheldon Cooper said, "Why would we do that?  It's called a comfort zone for a reason."

Now for a bit of good news.  I've been taking something called Digestive Advantage Lactose Defense for years now.  It's an enzyme supplement for those of us with lactose intolerance, but unlike others, you take one of these every morning, and it builds up the enzymes in your gut.  It's wonderful.  As long as I take it regularly, I can forget I'm even lactose intolerant.  About a month ago, Amazon notified me that my subscription couldn't be filled, because the product was no longer available.  I was seriously bummed. 

This afternoon, I did a bit of research and found out they are still making it, only under a different name.  I immediately added it to my subscriptions, and breathed a heavy sigh of relief.  

Now, I just need to research what's wrong with my washing machine and see if it's something I can fix.  I hate to have to get a repairman out, because after a long, stressful day at work, I don't want to have to deal with people in my house.  

That's why my bathroom sink still hasn't been fixed after what should be an embarrassingly long time.  But, the one in my half bath works, so it's not like it's a really big hardship.  Maybe if my son came to visit more often, I'd feel the need to get it fixed soon, but eh, it isn't a big deal with me by myself.  

And lastly, the county came along and completely tore up my road.  As in, ripped up all the asphalt and left it a gravel/dirt road.  I was out mowing yesterday, and a neighbor who lives further down stopped and asked if they were going to leave it like this.  I said, "I hope not!"  

When I want to live down a gravel/dirt road, I want it to head off way out into the woods somewhere...














No comments: