Friday, June 25, 2021

Not Crying Any More

 Last night, before getting into the shower, I went outside to water my flower beds, and I saw....


they had replaced my mailbox!  Yay!

Apparently, it was the county who had knocked mine over while they were working on the road, so they brought me a new one.  It's one of those heavy plastic Rubbermaid type of mailboxes, so it ought to last a while.  Not only that, you can open it from the back to get the mail out.  Now I don't have to dodge traffic to get my mail...if ever I have a day off on a day the mail is running, that is.  Normally, I get it from the window of my car on the way home from work. 

This afternoon, I got out and put my house numbers on the sides, so it's all official like.  And I'm not crying any more!  Now I just need some people to send me mail...
 
I managed to catch a glimpse of the moon through the trees on the way to work this morning.  


It's the last Supermoon of this year, and the first full moon of Summer -- which has made me realize I've been remiss in acknowledging the start of summer, both astronomical and meteorological.  So, happy belated first day of summer!  Both of them!  

That's about all I have time for tonight, since today was shopping day, and I got home late and I still need to practice my piano, but I keep listening to these classical music mashups on YouTube....but I did fry a mini frozen pizza in my air fryer.  Next time, I need to leave it in a minute or two longer, but it turned out pretty good.  The crust was crispy, and not rock hard like it is when you cook them in the microwave.  

I also bought some chicken thighs.  I got the giant family pack, and I'm going to vacuum seal most of them to put them into the freezer for later.  But now, I really, really have to get off of here and practice my piano.

Laters. 



No comments: