Monday, June 14, 2021

Quick Post

 Baby it's hot outside!  How hot is it?  It's so hot if I don't get my bag of deer corn out of my car soon, I'm afraid it might pop!  

That's a joke, by the way.  It's not popcorn.  It won't really pop.  

OK...

It's hot and I'm tired, so you're just getting a quick post tonight to show you my new lantanas.


These ones are more pinky and yellow than the last two I bought, but I think they'll look nice there.


I'll have room for about three more in that little front bed, then I'll be done gardening for this year.  Unfortunately, all the rain we had last week has pounded my wildflower seedlings into mush. 

Some of them are still hanging in there, but a lot of them have died.  We'll just have to wait and see if anything blooms.  The ones in the old fire pit look just as bad.  I don't know why I keep trying.  I've never been able to grow anything from seed, but every year, I plant more thinking this'll be the year, and it never is.  

I believe I've mentioned before, I'm a bit on the stubborn side. 

So is my cat, by the way.  A bit on the stubborn side.  You know, I've never seen a cat that didn't like sea food, but apparently my cat doesn't.  I'd bought her some of the little Fancy Feast single serving cans.  Last time, I got her the poultry and beef flavors.  She scarfed those down.  This time, I got the seafood flavors.  She's turned her nose up at every single one.   I got her to eat a little bit of it by mixing it with her dry food, but I think I'll just go back to getting the ones she likes.  I'm sure one of my local friends will appreciate some free cat food, and if not, there's always the local shelter I can donate it to.  

Let's play a game.  It's called "Spot The Rednecks"


Left to right:  my nephew Andrew, brother in law Nathan, nephew Joshua, sister in law Yoke Wan, brother Russell, sister Deana, me, Cody, and nephew Paul.  Can you guess which ones are the rednecks?  No prizes, just the satisfaction of knowing you figured it out. 

And finally, my Australian pen pal sent me a lovely sympathy card.


I was very touched that she would do that. 








No comments: