Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Random Thoughts Of A Wednesday Evening

 1.  I tried one more time, but alas, the results were the same.  The cat simply would not eat that canned food.  My coworker's daughter has a new kitten -- which her grandson has named Chester The Cat, and you have to say the whole thing.  You can't just call him Chester.  It's Chester The Cat.  Anyway, I told her this morning I'd bring her the rest of that cat food, just as soon as I remember to put it into the car.

2.  I finally gave in and moved my marigolds out of the flower bed.  I had these old window box planters, so that will be their new home. 


As soon as I got them planted, I spread used coffee grounds all around them, and hopefully that'll keep the snails out.  For good measure, I added a layer of crushed egg shells.  Now the only thing is to remember to put them down from the windowsill when the next storm blows through. 


3.  Some of my wildflowers have perked up a bit after being pounded into mush by all the rain.  


The bad news is, it looks like grass is starting to grow in that bed also.  I don't want to pull the grass up for fear of pulling the wildflower seedlings up as well.  I think next year, I'm going to get one of those seed starter trays and start them earlier.  That way, I can put them out into the sun, and just bring them inside when it gets too cold. 

4.  Cody's girlfriend loves animals. Apparently, though, her dad never let her have any pets.  She's got a bearded dragon now, and she was telling me about feeding it.  I swear it's the most animated I've seen her since I've met her.  While we were down in Texas, James was scooping out a watermelon to serve with supper, and he told Brennan he'd cut the rind up and let her feed it to the cows.  Her whole face lit up, and she said, "I'd love that!"  I kind of wanted to go with them, but didn't want to be the tag-along mother in law -- so to speak.  They're not married.  Not yet, anyway.  I asked Cody if he'd taken pictures, and he sent me these:  


I think she's going to fit into our family right well.  By the way, I did go with them when he took her to show her around town, but just because I wanted to ride around my home town a bit.  That's the only bad part about us traveling together.  Unless Cody wants to go somewhere, I'm pretty much stuck.  

5.  I'm a bit frustrated with FB right now.  I'd uploaded all my photos from our trip to Texas into an album, only they won't keep them in order.  I'd uploaded them in order from my phone, but in the album, they're all kinds of jumbled up.  I'd wanted to arrange them so they told the story of the trip, but they won't stay where I put them.  I spent all day one Sunday putting them in order, and when I logged in the next day, they were mixed up again.  I almost cried.  

6.  By the way, did you figure out who the rednecks were? 

7.  Guess who came home to doggie diarrhea on the floor.  Not just on the floor, but on the floor of the only carpeted room in the house.  (Full disclosure, Cody's bedroom is also carpeted, but I keep the door closed, so it doesn't count.)  Guess who is also out of paper towels.  Sigh....

8.  Dear Place Of Employment, if the pandemic is over enough for you to lock us back into our cage, it's over enough for us to shuck these masks.  End the mask policy.  Thankyouverymuch. 

9.  I reckon I ought to go practice my pianny.  That's piano in Southern for all you folks up North.  

10.  Me, I'm so Southern, I consider north Mississippi as "up North".  I can't wait to move back down South.  

11.  OK, that's all.  Goodnight. 







No comments: