Monday, October 10, 2016

The Rest Of The Weekend

After my very expensive Friday, the rest of the weekend was somewhat more mundane.  Unless you want to get excited about how well my bed skirt matches my comforter.


Because I'm kinda excited about it.

Another thing I'm kinda excited about...

I got up Saturday morning and painted my bathroom ceiling.  It's amazing how such a simple thing brightens up the whole room.


I even painted my vent covers.


Good thing I took pictures, because I noticed a few spots I need to touch up, on both of them.


But the whole room looks so much better than before.  Well, except for these spots.


There's one on the other side, too.  This is where my shower curtain rod damaged the wall.


I can patch it and repaint it, but I'll need to get a new curtain rod, or it'll just happen all over again.  In fact, I had to patch two nearly identical spots when I first started working on this room.  I'll have to check out curtain rods to see which kinds won't damage walls.

Sunday afternoon, I got my door frame painted.


I put two coats on it, but I noticed I've got a couple of spots on it I need to touch up.  Seems I always miss a spot or two.  In between coats, I stained my door.


The color ended up a bit darker than the can showed, but I like it.  I was going to start putting the polyurethane on it today, but I had kind of a rough day at work -- which included having to stay late.  Then I remembered Jesse had a vet appointment.  By the time I got home from that, I had a rip roaring headache, and I just didn't feel like it.  Besides that, I'm not sure I have enough polyurethane to do the whole thing.  I'll pick some more up tomorrow.

I'll admit, it was kind of strange taking a bath with no bathroom door, but I made it.  You want to know how tired I am?  I tried to close the door three times before I remembered it wasn't there.

And on that note, I think I'll go to bed.

Goodnight.

No comments: