Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Insomnia

Friday is Cody's birthday.  I couple of weeks ago, I told him that if he made an Amazon wish list, I could order him some birthday presents.  He said he'd get to it that weekend.  A few days go by, and he still hasn't sent me the link.  I asked him if he'd gotten it done, and he said he'd forgotten.  I few more days go by, and finally, yesterday morning, I told him "If you don't tell me what you want for your birthday, I'm going to buy you underwear and have it delivered to your work."

Last night was one of those nights.  I woke up at 1:30 AM and could not go back to sleep for anything.  After an hour or so of tossing and turning, I picked up my phone and opened my Facebook app.  I don't usually do that, but last night,  I did.

There it was.  A message from Cody with a link to his wish list.

In a fit of insomnia, I'm laying in bed at 2:30 in the morning, ordering my son's birthday presents on my phone, and giving thanks for the capitalistic economy that makes such things possible.


A couple of days ago, my friend Sue told me to be expecting a package.  She's been cleaning out her yarn stash, so I thought she was sending me some more yarns.  Yesterday afternoon, the UPS man came and left a box.  Eagerly, I opened it up, only to find something that was not yarn.


Carefully, I took the bubblewrap off, and it was a hand drawn picture of my house with one of my favorite Bible verses on it!


I have the best friends!  I hung it in my bedroom, so I can see it every morning when I wake up.  Thank you, Sue!  You're the best!  Mwaa!


Finally, my long awaited chainsaw has arrived.


Only 4 days late...but it's here.  I haven't even had time to get it out of the box and play with it.  Maybe this weekend I can get out and chainsaw some stuff.

And I'm finally going to get that dadgum bathroom door polyurethaned.

Stay tuned.

No comments: