Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I'm Back!

Did you miss me?

I know at least one of you did...*cough cough* ...Cyndye...

Truth is, my mind just hasn't been into blogging this last week.  I have been dealing with a difficult situation at work, or rather a difficult person.

You know, all my life, I've always assumed that I just can't get along with people.  But the more I open up and talk to people, the more I hear, "Oh, yeah, she's like that."  Or, "That's how he is", or "No, it isn't just you."  or something similar.  I'm not looking for vindication, but it's nice to know it's not just me.  The same holds true in this case.  It's not just me.

Anyway, this situation had become so stressful and tense that Tuesday, I went and spoke to my supervisor about it.  He went and discussed it with the other person...and, well...All I was asking was that she follow the production schedule and clean up her work area afterwards.  I didn't think those were unreasonable requests.  Apparently she did.  She came back to our work area and loudly announced that she was not going to follow the schedule, and how dare I even suggest such a thing.  She was going to do what she wanted whether I liked it or not.

For the next two days, she stood hovering over me, all bowed up with her hands on her hips, glaring down at me.  I just went on about my business like she wasn't even there.  I so wanted to say, "I ain't your Hillary Clinton, girl.  It's going to take a lot more than that to intimidate me, Chicky-Boo".  Y'all would have been proud of me.  I kept my mouth shut.  I just ignored her for the rest of the week, and I think that made her even angrier.  This week, she's in another area of the plant, so I call this my week of peace.  Unfortunately, she'll be back next week.

Because of that stress, I just haven't felt like doing much of anything.  I did get my bathroom door re-hung, and that one little bit of wall repainted.  I just have a few touch ups to do where I spattered paint, and it'll be pretty much done.


I was going to do some more work on the house last weekend, but in the end, I didn't do anything.  I just sat and watched TV all weekend.  And did nothing else.  I guess I needed that rest -- from everything: work, the house, this election cycle, everything.  This week is inventory at work, then Monday will be a plant shutdown day for maintenance, so I'll have a very long weekend.  My goal is to get my bedroom painted.  Then I can get the guy out to do my crown moulding and baseboards.

While I was sitting and doing nothing all week, I did some knitting.


I'm almost through with this cowl.  I started the bind off last night, and hope to get it finished today.   I was going to try to finish before blogging, but my fans started clamoring for posts.  So, I write.

The only other exciting thing that has happened is that I bought some new slipper socks.


They were a bit pricy, but are lined with fake woolly fleece, and are very warm and squishy.  I might just spring for another pair or two.

Finally, a few days ago, it really hit home that my cat is getting old.  I mean, you know your pets are, but you don't really think about it.  Squeaky will be 16 in January.  I don't really know when she was born, but she looked to be about 4 months old when I found her in April of 2001.  So I just arbitrarily gave her a January 1st birthday.  I have pet gates across the doors where her litter boxes and food bowls are to keep the dogs from eating her food and, um, her poop.  Last week, I was watching her try to jump over the gate.  She would bounce, and hop a little, and gather herself, start over, hop a few more times, then finally jump over.  I said to myself, "Self, that there cat of yours is getting old.  You might need to raise that gate up a bit so she can get under it."


Now, she can crawl under it, but I have to lift my legs way higher to get over it.  I was really sore for a few days, but I'm getting over it.

No pun intended...


No comments: