Thursday, October 06, 2016

A Break, Of Sorts

I was all gung ho while I was at work.  I was going to come home and paint that bathroom ceiling and boy was I going to get a lot done.  Now, it's time for bed, and I haven't done anything. Sometimes, you just need to take a break.

What I did do, instead of painting, was I got my pillow sham and picked out colors for my bedroom.  Well, first, I took it into Cody's room and propped it up against the curtains to see how well they'd go together.  Looks like we have a winner.


Then I got my paint cards out and chose colors for the walls and the trim.


Yes, I know the picture is out of focus, but I'm too tired to take another one.  I'd tell you which colors I picked, but I doubt you could see them anyway.  What with the picture being out of focus and all... I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow.  Then I got my wood putty out and patched several nail holes in the paneling.  The plan is to eventually pull all that paneling down and replace it with new drywall, but for now, I'm just going to paint over it.

Once I get that bathroom done, that is.

Just so this post isn't a total waste, here is my scarecrow, making his annual Fall appearance.


I had a coworker tell me, "You don't talk to nobody.  I been watching you and all you do is stand over here and work, work, work.  You need to step around and conversate more."

First of all, I get paid to work, not talk.  Secondly, I seriously doubt she'd be interested in the things I'd want to "conversate" about, anyway.  She probably doesn't even know what Newton's first and second laws of thermodynamics are, much less be able to use them to refute a well known scientist's theory of the creation of the universe.

Or want to discuss why England keeps putting parking lots over dead monarchs.

Yeah, I'll pass on that "conversating", thank you very much.



No comments: