Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Hair Of The Dog

There I was at work, just a working away, when my coworker Edna called me over.  She and Supervisor Ronny had been talking about how much they enjoyed reading my blog.  (Thank you!) They said I have a way of saying things that makes them interesting.  If they had blogs, Ronny's would read, "I went fishing", and Edna said hers would say, "I sat down and watched TV."  Well, guys, this one is just for you.

Look!  I brushed the dog!


Yay, me!

OK, that's not all I did.  I finished binding off my cowl.


I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, which takes more yarn than a normal bind off.  I'm telling ya, I was really sweating it there for a minute, but I got it done.  This, yes this, is how much yarn I had left when I finished.


iPhone 5 included for scale.  Giant eyeball included for freakiness.  (No, seriously, I didn't notice that when I took the picture.  It's just a lagniappe.  Which is Cajun for bonus...roughly translated.  Or something.)

For those of you who may be new to my blog, let me fill you in with a little backstory.  When I moved to this house a year ago, I dug up a bucket full of spider lily bulbs from my old house and brought them with me.  Because the ground was so hard at the time, they sat in that bucket for a couple of months until I could get them into the ground.  This fall, I was worried that they'd all died when not one single one of them bloomed.  Not one.  Oh, I had some spider lilies, but they were the ones that were already here, planted by a previous owner.

I was in the yard the other day chatting over the fence with my next door neighbor, and saw that the leaves are coming up!


They aren't dead after all.  Maybe once they've gotten settled, I'll have some blooms.


Well, for most of the plant, this was their last day of work until Tuesday.  For those of us who have to work inventory, we still have tomorrow.  The good thing is, I don't have to be there until 7, so I can sleep in until 5:30!

Believe me, after getting up at 3:30, that is sleeping in.



No comments: