Monday, November 03, 2014

First Frost

Over the weekend, we had our first frost of the fall. 


It did a number on my flower bed.


I actually took a couple of pictures, then decided that you really didn't want to see a bed full of dead flowers.

You can thank me now.

While it was all cold and frosty, I sat inside and knit.  I was working on this hat, when I decided I had an awful lot of yarn left. 


I was almost to the crown decreases, and yet I ripped it all out and started over with an 80 stitch cast on.  I'm almost back to where I was before I frogged it. 


It will make a child/youth sized hat, or an adult sized beanie. 

Speaking of hats, I got two new ones today.  I caught these on sale, marked down to $2.50 each. 


I couldn't pass that up, even though the shipping was more than the hats were.  The one on the left says veteran on the brim. 
 

And on the other side, it has an embossed Navy seal. 


Not to be confused with a Navy SEAL, which is a horse of a completely different color. 

1 comment:

StephieKnits said...

Very nice hats, last night was our first frost of the season