Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day

When I was a little girl, my dad would take me to our town's Veteran's Day parade.


He never called it Veteran's Day.  He insisted on calling it Armistice Day.  I couldn't pronounce it.  I called it Armisticeticetice Day.  I was in high school before I'd ever heard anyone call it Veteran's Day.  I was even more shocked to find out that they'd changed the name in the 1950s. 

Be that as it may, he would take me to our town's Veteran's Day parade and say they were having a parade for my birthday. 

Which just happens to be on Veteran's Day.



Happy birthday to me!

I woke up this morning after some very strange dreams, including one shocking dream in which a very good friend of mine suddenly died.  I was very relieved to find her still alive and well today.  Whew!   After startling awake and falling back to sleep, I dreamed that Penny from The Big Bang Theory and I were signing up for an adult basketball league.  Then she tried to push me into the pool.  Chair and all. 

Don't ask.  Even I don't know.


I got to work and Supervisor Ronnie wished me a happy birthday, and told Group Leader Fernando to go easy on my today because it was my birthday.   Group Leader Fernando thought he said to take it easy on me because I just started.

He said he did pass his hearing test.  I asked him if he was sure about that...

Whether it was because of my birthday, or because I just started, whatever-- he didn't.  Go easy on me, that is.  It wasn't all his fault, though.  The previous shift had left us such a mess that it was rough all around. 

Then Vanessa bought me a Sprite Zero for my birthday, and my day got better. 


She was going to buy me a Dr Pepper, because she knows that's what I drink, but was busy talking and pushed the wrong button. That's OK.  I like Sprite, too. 

So, after a second very difficult day at work, I'm plumb tuckered.  So I'll just leave you with this little bit of humor.


I know who bonkyhort Cutiebrunch is. 

Do you?

No comments: