Friday, November 21, 2014

Vacation, Sort Of

Today begins my Thanksgiving break from work.  I won't have to go back until December 1st. 

Between Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the vacation days I have left, I'm only going to be working 10 more days this year.  One of those days off, I hope to make it up to Southaven and get together with Amy.  It's been too long since we've seen each other.  I thought briefly about going up there today, but decided I just didn't feel like it.  It's been a rough week, and I just needed a day to do nothing.

But I ended up doing stuff anyway.   

I went to the store and got everything I need for Thanksgiving.  Even though it's just going to be Cody and me, we're still going to have a good dinner.  I'll have to go down Tuesday and pick him up, then take him back Sunday afternoon.  Knowing him, he'll probably spend most of the time hanging out with his friends, but that's OK.  I'll commandeer him for dinner and an hour or two to help me put up the Christmas tree.

Aside from going to the store, I spent a good deal of the day organizing and putting away some of the yarn that has been piled on my couch. 


I know the pile is still pretty big, but I have put quite a bit of yarn back into the closet. The next thing is to find bags into which I can put all the half finished projects and their associated yarn.  I don't want all that just floating randomly around the closet. 

It would probably help if I actually finished some of the aforementioned half finished projects, but why get crazy? 


I'm also working on this hat, but it's going slowly.  Red Heart is hard for me to knit hats with anyway, and I'm using two strands with this one.  I can only do a few rounds at a time before my hands get tired.  I think this will be the last one of these I make for a while. 

The good news is, the yellow is the same color I'm using for Kyle's blanket, so as soon as I finish, it will go into that project.  Which I need to get back to work on. 

At this rate, it'll be done in time for him to give it to his first great-grandchild. 

No comments: