Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Finally, a little good news!  Last night, when I took the dogs out for their bedtime potty break, I heard water dripping under my house. 

"Oh, great," I thought.  "One more thing." 

I wasn't going to worry about it at 10:30 at night, so telling myself I'd deal with it in the morning,  I went on to bed, feeling just a bit discouraged.  Today, after the feast and football, I got the flashlight and went out to see if I could figure out what was leaking.  And I did figure it out. 

Last time I used my garden hose, which was several weeks ago, I'd somehow neglected to turn the water off at the spigot.  I turned it off, disconnected the hose, and the dripping stopped.  I'm not sure if the hose split because of the couple of freezing nights we had, or if the freezing/thawing cycle just loosened the connection a bit.  I didn't look that closely. But even if the hose is split, it's a whole cheaper than replacing a pipe.  Whew!

Weeks like this, it seems like it's hard to be thankful, but I am.  I really am.  Sure my truck is in the shop, but at least I have one.  I broke down in South Jackson, but people I don't even know went out of their way to take care of me.  My door knob fell apart, but I have a house.  I didn't get to go to Texas, but at least I got to spend the day with my son. 


So, you see, there's always, always, always something to be thankful for.

Squeaky says, "I'll be thankful when you stop sticking that camera in my face." 


Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Grump

No comments: